Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many [a]mansions; if it were not so, [b]I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.John 14:1-3,
When we were in the university, many a times there were student protests. The student union will declare a lecture free day, gather students to a location from where the protest begins with songs like “all we are saying”. It appears things are similar in the body of Christ these days, Parents dress up their children, especially when they’re very young and bring them to church to “worship God” as they grow, some join the choir, ushering, media department, many learn to play instruments, guitar, piano, trumpet with great skill, unfortunately many don’t know why they worship God. How do I know, because I was there! I experienced it. I was doing all those things but I was a sinner until February 10, 1977, when I gave my life to Christ. The danger is if you don’t know why you worship Jesus you will not be able to enjoy or maximize the blessings of worshiping him. Besides it will be a burden or a task you are performing.
The Holy Spirit taught me seven reasons why we must not just make Jesus our saviour but worship Jesus as Lord.
1. Jesus is the only one that came to the world, lived a sinless life , died(conquered death), resurrected ,ascended to heaven and he is coming back again. Acts 1:11,
2. Jesus is our creator. John 1:1-5. We did not evolve from apes nor are we products of the Big Bang Theory. We were created in the image of God. Gen 1:26-27. Jesus did that.
3. Jesus is the only one that has the ability and capacity to reconcile humans to God, through the shedding of his blood for us at Calvary. Col 1:12-18, 2 Cor 5: 14-21.
4. Jesus is the only one God said – “He is my beloved son, listen to Him” twice, during his baptism ( Matt 3:17) and on the mount of transfiguration.Lk 9:35
5. Jesus is the only one who has genuine compassion for our infirmities, the Bible says “by His stripes we are healed” He also came to this world and physically healed many on earth. He is the only one who can meet your needs physically,spiritually, mentally,financially, and otherwise., Acts 10:38, Ex 23:25,15:26.
6. Jesus is the only one who can reveal what heaven is like, because he came from there. Read what he told Nathaniel,”Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.” Jn 1:49-51.
7. Jesus is the only one who went to heaven ahead of us to prepare mansions for us. Since I have not been to the White House, or Aso Rock, I can only imagine how beautiful they are, but I know they cannot be compared to my heavenly mansion because the roads to those earthly mansions on earth are paved with cement or asphalt,but mine is paved with gold! The truth is no matter how long you live on earth, you will die , if you are not in Jesus’ mansion you will be in Satan’s forever fire burning hell, God forbid.
Conclusion : My friend, do you really worship Jesus or do you merely attend worship services every now and then? I urge you to worship Jesus. Give him the worth-ship that is his due. In the words of Romans 12:1-2: “I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.” Echoing the words of Paul, I urge you to give your all to Him who gave his all for you! Shalom
Next week – how should we worship Jesus. Watch out–
O taste and see that the Lord is good.(Psalm 34:8). I have tasted and found that the Lord is good. I do testify that the Lord is good.Join me to taste him.