“So the Lord brought the king of Babylon against them. The Babylonians killed Judah’s young men, even chasing after them into the Temple. They had no pity on the people, killing both young men and young women, the old and the infirm. God handed all of them over to Nebuchadnezzar. 18 The king took home to Babylon all the articles, large and small, used in the Temple of God, and the treasures from both the Lord’s Temple and from the palace of the king and his officials. 19 Then his army burned the Temple of God, tore down the walls of Jerusalem, burned all the palaces, and completely destroyed everything of value.[h] 20 The few who survived were taken as exiles to Babylon, and they became servants to the king and his sons until the kingdom of Persia came to power. 2 Chr 36: 17-20
The Holy Spirit wants me to warn you to FEAR GOD! Not fearing God has dangerous consequences you don’t want to happen to you. I want you to re-read the passage above again. In the New Living Translation, that section was subtitled “ The Fall of Jerusalem” Yes, Jerusalem with all his glamour and the temple fell! I had cold sweat on me. I wish it was a movie on Netflix with a tragic end or those 1970s horror films as they were called. No! It was God in his truthfulness, allowing the people he loved, he spent all his life caring for to be scattered, chattered, dehumanized, enslaved, and destroyed!
Can you imagine how God built these people as a race from Abraham? Can you imagine the build-up to the temple? All the efforts David made. All his pleas to build the temple and God said No – your hand is too bloody! Your son Solomon will build it. Can you imagine the effort Solomon made to build the temple? Can you recall the tons of gold, silver, bronze, wood, and shekel that went into building the temple? Can you imagine the human efforts, can you imagine the number of years spent building the temple and the palaces? “In the eleventh year in the month of Bul, the eighth month, the temple was finished in all its details according to its specifications. He had spent seven years building it.” 1 Kings 6:38 “Solomon also built a palace for himself, and it took him thirteen years to complete the construction.”1 King 7:1 In an article by Alozie GC, etc al “the Solomon temple was erected between 6 and 10 centuries AD and is estimated at a whopping $2.4 Billion”
Why I am shaken by all this is the response and warning God gave Solomon after the dedication.
“As for you,( Solomon, put your name also..) if you will follow me with integrity and godliness, as David your father did, obeying all my commands, decrees, and regulations, 5 then I will establish the throne of your dynasty over Israel forever But if you or your descendants abandon me and disobey the commands and decrees I have given you, and if you serve and worship other gods, 7 then I will uproot Israel from this land that I have given them. I will reject this Temple that I have made holy to honour my name. I will make Israel an object of mockery and ridicule among the nations. 8 And though this Temple is impressive now, all who pass by will be appalled and will gasp in horror. They will ask, ‘Why did the Lord do such terrible things to this land and to this Temple?’
9 “And the answer will be, ‘Because his people abandoned the Lord their God, who brought their ancestors out of Egypt, and they worshipped other gods instead and bowed down to them. That is why the Lord has brought all these disasters on them.’” 1Kg 9: 4-9
The question you may be asking if you are reading in the spirit, is Pastor Dada, do you mean God kept his word and destroyed the temple and his people as he said? The answer is Yes!
You mean all these years, money time people did not matter to God? Yes as long as they were in disobedience, walking in sin and serving idols!
God sent Jeremiah to warn them about the temple reminding them about Shilo and even the northern kingdom, but they failed to listen: “Go now to the place at Shiloh where I once put the Tabernacle that bore my name. See what I did there because of all the wickedness of my people, the Israelites. 13 While you were doing these wicked things, says the Lord, I spoke to you about it repeatedly, but you would not listen. I called out to you, but you refused to answer. 14 So just as I destroyed Shiloh, I will now destroy this Temple that bears my name, this Temple that you trust in for help, this place that I gave to you and your ancestors. 15 And I will send you out of my sight into exile, just as I did your relatives, the people of Israel. Jer 7:12-15
Let us look beyond the temple. Do you mean God after all he did to deliver Israel from Egypt, established them in the Holy land will because they followed idols allowed all of them to be taken to captivity? Do you know that the scripture above 2 Chr 36 was talking about the leftover of Judah? All the ten tribes that followed Jeroboam were gone into oblivion long time. Who will not fear God?
It means it was not a mere threat when God said to Moses “Now leave me alone so that my anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them. Then I will make you into a great nation.”But Moses sought the favor of the LORD his God. “O LORD,” he said, “why should your anger burn against your people, whom you brought out of Egypt with great power and a mighty hand? Ex : 32 10-11. God was actually prepared to destroy them if not for Moses’ intercession!
Do you recall this is what God did during the time of Noah? “The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits.21 Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. 22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.24 The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days.” Gen 6: 20-24.
Let me summarize all these by giving you some reasons why you must fear God.
- All your beauty and glamour, position, power, and wealth mean nothing to God, if you are not sincerely born again and you refuse to serve him you will ultimately be destroyed if not on earth but in hell and God will not blink an eye!
- All the money we so call Christians spend today in designing and building expensive architectural designs in the name of church buildings means nothing to God if we his creatures will not give our souls to him and serve him “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ Matt 22:37. God will destroy all those buildings totally without blinking an eye.
- Every nation on earth that is making mouth today, insulting God here and there, serving idols, creating their own gods and religion if God will not blink an eye and allowed ALL them he loved Israelites that he brought out of Egypt to be destroyed at two levels, first those who failed to believe in the wilderness and all who got to the land and chose the pagan gods, it’s a matter of time they will all be destroyed.
- Read afresh 1 &2 Kings and 1&2 Chronicles you will notice that God micro and macro manages people as individuals, tribes, regions and nations. Every king in Judah or Israel was dealt with based on who they served idols or the true God. I don’t think God has changed. No matter how highly or lowly placed you are if you don’t serve God he will destroy you! If you don’t fear God and keep sinning you will suffer the consequences. Trust me!
- God is consistently consistent if you serve him today you will enjoy him, if you turn against him today you will see his red eyes. Those who make noise about once saved, always saved, I pray with you that you stay saved, if you practice iniquities under the guise of Christianity you will be destroyed, without God blinking an eye. Matt 7 :21-23
- If you don’t believe the bible before, follow God’s consistency his integrity and justice have a change of heart.
Conclusion. Don’t allow the anger of God to burn against you. It is a terrible thing to fall into God’s hands. If you are worshipping idol of any type, modern or ancient, repent. God is loving but God has zero tolerance for people that will disobey, disdain, and reject him as if he is not their maker. If you are under the “cloak” or “cloud” or “guise” of Christianity and you are living in sin and not serving God with fear have a change of heart, and you are not far from hell. Don’t be a fool like Solomon, who knew the right thing, said the right things, wrote the right things and did the wrong things. Refuse to Fear God and suffer the consequences. “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.” Eccl 12:13. Only a fool will not FEAR GOD.
O taste and see that the Lord is good.(Psalm 34:8). I have tasted and found that the Lord is good. I do testify that the Lord is good.Join me to taste him.