(NC) Saving energy doesn’t have to be hard, and can go a long way towards making sure you meet your family’s monthly budget. Here are five simple tips from Hydro One to help keep your electricity costs low:
- LED bulbs combined with dimmers, timers and sensors give you more control over your energy use.
- Electronics use energy even when off. Plug them into power bars with timers or auto-shutoff to lower energy use.
- When using a car block heater, plug in and set an outdoor timer to run for no more than four hours before you need to leave.
- When you pause your video game, save it and power down the console to save energy.
- When you are not using your woodstove, close the damper to keep outside air where it belongs.
Find more ways to save energy at www.hydroone.com/forhome.