Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide has asked the people of the Southeast to ignore the sit-at-home order by Simon Ekpa, a self-acclaimed disciple of Nnamdi Kanu.
The group which represents the interests of all Igbo communities within and outside Nigeria, also placed a $50, 000 bounty on the Finland-based Ekpa.
Ekpa had declared sit-at-home on Monday and Tuesday across the Southeast.
Reacting to the development, the Secretary-General of Ohanaeze, Okechukwu Isiguzoro, declared Ekpa the number one enemy of the Igbo nation, hence the sit-at-home should be nullified.
The organization, in a statement by Isiguzoro urged Southeast governors to declare Monday and Tuesday public holidays to allow people of the Southeast to get their Permanent Voters Cards, PVCs.
Isiguzoro enjoined the Southeast Governors to emulate the Abia State Government to declare public holidays on the same days for the people to go out and get their PVCs before the deadline on 29th of January 2023.
The statement said “Ndigbo has placed a bounty reward of $50, 000 for anyone who has useful information on how Simon Ekpa will be apprehended for his extradition and prosecution in Nigeria, to answer the law of land over his criminalities, incitement of violent killings, and, burning of public properties in the name of self-determination.”
“Ndigbo should know that Simon Ekpa will never return to Southeast again in the future and Igbo residents in Finland who had earlier disowned his actions and activities should aid the Nigerian Government and INTERPOL to arrest Simon Ekpa in other to stabilise the southeast and rescue the zone from the nefarious activities of his gang members masquerading as biafra agitators, who are interested in killing people and burning the public buildings.
“The tasks to preserve and rescue the Southeast should begin with the help of all Igbos in the diaspora and at home, to assist in the arrest of the worsening security challenges, dwindling of the economic and social activities caused by Ekpa’s rantings and illegal sit-at-home.
“Ndigbo has declared Simon Ifeanyi Njoku Ekpa on this day 23rd of January 2023 as the number one adversary and enemy of Ndigbo, who Ndigbo had caught sight of in the last 200 years,” he added.
Reacting to the statement, Ekpa slammed the group for allegedly hindering the success of Biafran struggle.
The self-styled agitator said he was happy to be in the forefront of destabilising the terrorist called Nigeria.
He wrote: “People who claim to be peaceful are placing bounty on a freedom fighter. I hope everyone have seen it? They started it. They never placed a bounty on Fulani terrorists killing our people. I hope Biafrans are seeing the desperation of unrecognised Ohaneze faction. Ndi oshi.
“I am very proud & happy to be part of those in the forefront of leading the movement for the disintegration of a terrorist state called Nigeria, the safe heaven to terrorists & internet cyber criminals. It will finally disintegrate this year 2023.”
SUPPORT NIGERIAN CANADIAN NEWS
If you like our work and want to keep enjoying what we offer, kindly support us by donating to the Nigerian Canadian News through the button below
Share your thoughts in the comments section below
Do you want to share any news or information with us? If yes, contact the publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org