(NC) Shopping for a used car can be daunting; nobody wants to end up with an unreliable vehicle. Certified pre-owned, called CPO, vehicle programs reduce the uncertainty that comes with buying a used vehicle. CPO vehicles are inspected by factory-trained mechanics – repaired as necessary – and come with a manufacturer-backed warranty to provide peace of mind. However, not all CPO vehicle programs are the same.
“Drivers considering a CPO vehicle should carefully review the details to confirm which areas of the vehicle fall under the inspection process and examine the extended warranty program to determine what it covers and when it expires,” says Bart Herring, vice president of sales with Mercedes-Benz Canada. “In our CPO process, each vehicle is thoroughly examined and must pass a demanding road test and 166-point inspection.”
When shopping for a CPO, Herring advises drivers to come armed with the following checklist and request to see proper documentation that the following tests have been completed:
- Engine test: Examines all components from the intake to the exhaust, including belts, plugs, ignition and emissions.
- Check fluids: Ensures all fluids, like engine oil, coolant and transmission fluid are examined and topped up.
- Electrical systems: Checks electrical systems to ensure the headlights, taillights and dashboard are functioning properly.
- Undercarriage and drivetrain: Determines if steering, suspension, brakes and wheels are running properly.
- Safety, security and solidity: Ensures seatbelts and alarms are functional and are in good working condition.
- On-road evaluation: Ensures the vehicle is running as the factory intended and has been road-tested by a trained technician.
- Appearance standards: Assesses and examines the interior and exterior for dings, scratches, rips and scuffs.
Car shoppers who want to learn more about CPO vehicles can visit mercedes-benz.ca/en/cpo for more information.
SUPPORT NIGERIAN CANADIAN NEWS
If you like our work and want to keep enjoying what we offer, kindly support us by donating to the Nigerian Canadian News through the button below
Share your thoughts in the comments section below
Do you want to share any news or information with us? If yes, contact the publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org