It is with great delight and joy that I welcome you to the month of July our month of Victory. I pray that this month God will grant you victory in all areas of your life through the powerful name of Jesus. There is no doubt about it victory is preferred to defeat, it is better to be a victor than a victim.
Victory is sweet and desirable, but most times in all fields of endeavour victory is a process and it is not cheap. The victory of Jesus over Satan at the cross of Calvary is our victory, it’s was a complete redemption from the powers of darkness. With this victory, you can walk out of any challenge, trial or trouble that has limited and characterized you, in every aspect of your life.
The Bible makes it very clear that Jesus having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them. Colossians 2:15. From this month God shall give us victory over sin, poverty, sickness, disease, barrenness, singleness, bad dreams, curses, and anything that plaques us and troubles us in Jesus’ name.
The victory of Jesus at Calvary makes it impossible for any power anywhere to intimidate you as a child of God. Enjoy your life in Christ. If you don’t have Christ, repent today and give your life to Him today. Seven speaks of perfection, in this seventh month of the year God will perfect all that concerns us in Jesus’ name.
This month as the Lord lives the shout of victory and rejoicing shall be heard in your house in Jesus’ name! We pray for our aboriginal brothers and sisters that you have victory and comfort in this season.
Happy New Month!
We celebrate you Canada our land that flows with Milk and Honey. HAPPY CANADA DAY!
What is victory?
It is an act of defeating an enemy or opponent in a battle, game, or other competition. Victory is the overcoming of an enemy or antagonist. Victory is an achievement of mastery or success in a struggle or endeavor against odds or difficulties. For example, Jesus defeated the enemy on the cross. The Americans and allied forces were certainly victorious in World War II; both Germany and Japan surrendered their troops. On a personal level it could be over poverty or sickness. Families that were noted for begging for food that are now living in stupendous wealth.
A cancer survivor could be said to be victorious over the deadly diseases. A student who usually comes first from behind and now tops the class has victory over academic failure.
Strategies for attaining Victory in life.
There is only one way to God – the way of Christ but there are many ways to victory in Christ. You have to study and wait on the Lord because the battles life are different from one individual to another but there are general principles and strategies call them spiritual formulae. Let us look at some of these ways.
- Determine to be victorious. And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. Mark 5:25-26,28. There are many people having issues that kept them in many years of bondage, for some it’s an issue of sickness, for some it’s an issue of financial problems, for some it is the issue of marital problems, for some it’s the issue of business and career setbacks, for some it is academic failure. No matter the issues, Jesus is ready to fix it. This woman had this issue for twelve years and had gone from one physician to another with not just the same story but it was getting worse by the day until she determined that enough was enough. Christ intervened and turned her story around. Jabez, (1Chr 4:9-10) was another man with the same determination. Hannah (1Sam 1:10-12) was a regular faithful worshipper in Shiloh until one year she determined to change her strategy and her story change. I watched a video clip of W.F,Kumuyi, the 80 year old mathematician turned preacher, he said for most part of his early life he was lazy, but in 1960 he determined to change, today he has a ministry that is known for holiness and a large followership. The victory over any situation does not start from outside but inside in your thought realm. If you can determine in your mind and trust God for help you stand a great change of wining the battles of life. I decree, that ugly story of your life is coming to an end, in Jesus’ name. Your story will change for the best in Jesus’ name.
- Gather Deeper Knowledge. If there is an area of life’s battle you want to have victory if you don’t have knowledge, not superficial knowledge but thorough knowledge, deep knowledge, you cannot win. “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. Hosea 6:4
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:13. Whether it is a spiritual war, financial, matrimonial, academic, health related, physical or even intertribal or inter nations combat, you will be a causality for lack of knowledge, especially spiritual knowledge. We are in an age of very shallow knowledge. People complain about battles but are not prepared to fight battles. You need a deep knowledge of spiritual weapons to fight the battles of life. A young pastor came to his senior pastor and complained that his parish was not growing. He knelt down and brought out anointing oil to for the senior pastor to anoint him. Senior pastor told him to get up and he lead him to his library- he said look for all the books written on Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola, go and read them and implement them. Apostle Ayo Babalola was credited with planting Christ Apostolic Church by winning the war against idolatry that ruled Africa in the early 20th century starting at his popular OKe-Oye Ilesha Crusade in Western Nigeria, West Africa. The Christian life is a life of continuous battles in the spiritual realms, remaining strong in the Lord is the only way to remain victorious.
Your spiritual growth has nothing to do with how long you have been in Church, how close you are to your Pastor or the religious activities you participate in, it depends on how close you are to God, how close you are to your Bible.
Spiritual weakness has no respect for Christian leaders, no matter the position you hold in the Church it does not threaten the devil, what the devil fears is when you put on the whole armor of God. Your meditation on God’s Word is a great asset in overcoming spiritual weaknesses, you have to make it a habit to meditate on God’s word (Jos 1:8 )and you cannot meditate on what you don’t know, therefore cultivate the habits of studying the bible then meditation will enable you to know the mind of God, concerning your situations and that will help you to overcome your spiritual battle. In December 1975 at Federal School of Arts and Science I scored 10% in a math exam. I spent the two-week December break to read and solve the problems in the Additional Math text book I bought. I scored 87 at the next exam and from then on there was no going back. Apostle Paul’s secret of remaining strong was in his ability to press forward. Go deeper in the things of God, as you know Him more go the extra mile to please God.
- Be a battle axe in God’s hand. Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms Jer 51:20 Take a quality decision to become a soldier for Jesus Christ. Soldiers do not fight for themselves but for the common goal of all. No man that warreth entangles himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please be him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. 2Timothy 2:3-4 Jesus, the perfect example for victorious people and leaders became a battle axe to make the lives of others meaningful. Take the problem of others as if it’s your problem, tackle them in prayers. Resolve to serve. Resolve to help people. I once heard Joel Osteen narrating how his father was building a 100-capacity church but got stuck for lack of funds, at this time also there was a Spanish church nearby building a 100-capacity church that was equally stuck. Joel’s father rallied his congregation to complete the Spanish church and they did. He said this did not prevent the Osteens from eventually completing their church project as they did other buildings and he believed that kind of gesture laid the foundation for the purchase of their Compaq Center facility! Deborah the great warrior became the first woman to lead the army of Israel to war and the battle was won. Judges 4:8-9. Esther the Queen, through dedicated prayer and fasting in the company of Mordecai, became a battle axe to liberate the Jewish people from the wicked decree of the king, the evil plots of Haman and ensured the freedom of the Jews. Esther 4:15-16. You are a soldier not civilian, spiritual discipline is required to win this war and remain a winner. Are you ready to be enlisted into the Army of the Lord, are you prepared to answer the call into God’s Army in this end time? In Nigeria for example you will see the handiwork of Satan. All over the world Christians are persecuted for their faith. Create a good atmosphere for God’s presence, do the best you can to stay in a healthy spiritual condition, physically, mentally, and emotionally, for you to be effective in spiritual warfare, declare boldly to the enemy that your freedom is non-negotiable and victory is a must.
- Persevere. Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. Enduring hardness means you should not allow yourself to become easily discouraged, no matter what is happening, It means be prepared for conflicts at all times because the devil is mad and unreasonable. It means you must not bow to the threats no matter the wiles of the enemies, It means you must not allow the casualties around you to make you quit, a good soldier does not think of quitting. God is ready to give you victory in the battle of life but you must persevere. Matriculation is different from convocation. Dr Ed. Montgomery said-“Ask and if the results are not there, then seek. If our answer still doesn’t come, then demand! Knock and I guarantee you all that your dreams and expectations will open. In your marital challenges persevere. The solution most times is not divorce or separation but perspiration and perseverance. The fight is entirely spiritual, it is a fight between light and darkness, a fight between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of Satan; this is what is called “spiritual warfare”. Take that marital battle to the altar. If that fails take it to genuine men and women or God who can counsel you and pray with you.
- Pray and Fast. “And it came to pass, when she pressed him daily with her words, and urged him, so that his soul was vexed unto death;” Judges 16:16 When you try to overcome spiritual battles on your own power you will be frustrated. One of the greatest strategies employed by Jesus and our forefathers in possessing their victories is prayer. There is no drive through or shortcut to prayer, you must pray. Spiritual battles can only be overcome through the help of the Holy Spirit, the flesh is too weak to handle spiritual weakness. Jesus makes a typical example when he said: Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. Matthew 26:41. Stop wishing, start praying till something happens, till yokes in your life are broken in place of prayer. Fasting is very important to your spiritual revival. Jesus, speaking to his disciples, said, “This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting Mark 9:29. There is power in fasting It will help you to subdue the flesh so that the spirit can have access through you. Samson’s spiritual life was weakened by Delilah and it was a gradual process, the Bible said she pressed him daily with her words. Judges 16:13-17. Peter was told, Satan wants to sift you, rather than pray, Peter depended on himself but according to the Bible, he melted like jelly before a young maid “And about the space of one hour after another confidently affirmed, saying, Of a truth this fellow also was with him: for he is a Galilean. And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.” Matt 22 :51-62. Don’t make any excuse for not praying, pray even when you are tired, pray especially when you don’t want to pray
Don’t take inability as an excuse for not studying the word of God, study the word of God even when you are tired, study the word of God even when you do not feel like studying, these will silence the flesh. I am not implying prayer is the only solution to your problem but prayer is asking for the supernatural to be initialized. Prayer is asking God to help you where you ae helpless. That matter in your office, that promotion issue. You need clients or customers in your business pray- Ministerial challenges- pray. No husband/wife pray. Confused, pray. When Jacob got to the peak of his frustration he got on his knees and prayed – The angel said “You have prevailed”. (Gen 32:24-26) I see you prevailing. No job- Pray. No paper to live in Canada, pray. Cannot handle that troublesome child, pray. Failing your exams, study and pray. No sales, engage in aggressive marketing and pray. Your health has deteriorated, they call it a curse, or mental case, pray. Oh they gang up against you in business, office or ministry do what Jehoshaphat did – For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;2 Corinthians 10:4.”Then there came some that told Jehoshaphat, saying, There cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria. 2 Chro 20:2
Your approach, your method and your weapons must be spiritual in fighting spiritual battles, quite different from the world’s approach, methods and weapons.” And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. 2 Chron 20:3
Rather than recruit more soldiers or buy more weapons, Jehoshaphat went into fasting and prayers. That is completely a spiritual approach and method to war. Prayer succeeds when other weapons fail, Jehoshaphat turned to Prayers and he fasted. Whatever the battles or war, just lay hold on Spiritual weapons, give yourself to fasting and prayers. “And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth forever”. 2Chro 20:21
After fasting and prayers, Jehoshaphat and Judah went to war with weapons of praise; no gun, no bow, no arrow, they appointed singers to face the enemies coming with diverse weapons. Very strange method, strange approach and strange weapons. They praised God, they were not afraid, they didn’t panic, they simply handed the battle over to God, you also can hand over all your worries to God through Prayers. All the enemies destroyed oneanother. The problem of this generation is prayerlessness after reading this article, it is my prayer you will be inspired to pray and win!
6.Confess your victory. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Mark 11:23 . Though it may be a subset of prayer, but Jesus distinguished it. Learn to confess victory not defeat. “I will pass that exam”. “My marriage will not break”. “Customers are coming”. “Members are coming”. “I will not remain childless”. “My handsome, anointed husband is coming’. “I will locate my beautiful wife”. Another half of the year is emerging, forget the failures of the past- Like God and Abraham (Heb 11:3, Rom 4:17) call those things that be not as if they were- Call your glorious, beautiful and colorful future to existence.
7.Take the weapon of faith. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, where unto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. 1Tim 6:12 Irrespective of the challenges you face, no matter how technical it is in nature, the fight that you are called to fight is not physical, you are not aiming at physical enemies, you are not fighting with physical weapons, it is purely spiritual. The physical person stealing your money is an agent in the hand of his master. Those political leaders stealing the nation’s wealth are all agents of Satan. In this fight, your faith is directly in conflict with the devil, the enemy knows, you are what your faith is, that the totality of your life depends entirely on the quality of your faith in God, it is hard to have any victory that is bigger than your faith or have any victory outside your faith. This is not a battle you can easily win if you are hefty and muscular. It is not by power or might but by the Spirit of the Lord. That is why the Bible says it is by faith you stand. Faith is essential. It is as vital as breathing; without faith you cannot please God. It will take faith for you to be on your feet spiritually. Many are fighting in the flesh and they are losing out on victory entirely. You better take a decision to start fighting the spiritual warfare, the Bible calls it: a good fight because your faith in God makes you a perpetual winner. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 1John 5:4
Faith in God is the victory that overcomes the world, Jesus knows that in faith is the victory so, He did not pray that Satan would not desire Peter or that Peter would not be tempted but that Peter’s faith would not fail. Luke22:31-32.Victory can only be obtained spiritually by faith and I see God honour your faith in Jesus’ name.
Conclusion: There is always a minimum of two people in a contest be it political or boardroom election, school exam or bidding for a contract, one will always win. Multiple strategies that enable people to win have been listed above. Thank you for reading, but reading is the first step in the right direction. Those who dream and do nothing are called day dreamers and eventually losers. But those who, as they say, put their feet in water stand the chance of winning, not those wrapped between their sheets. Now go and allow those points to direct you. I know that to kneel is to win. To do is to succeed.
Vital Information. Canada Return to Your Maker: Annual program via zoom is scheduled for August 7, 2021, at 12 noon. International Gathering of Eagles Conference: September 16-19, 2021 in person and zoom. Be there. Pray along. Pastor Amos Dada Zonal Superintendent, CAC Bethel Canada.