Residents of Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton and other areas in Ontario may want to investigate their hair care supply as Health Canada has issued a recall for many products.
Hair products are recalled over the detection of benzene, a chemical used by industries. According to the CDC, natural sources of benzene include volcanoes and forest fires. Benzene is also a natural part of crude oil, gasoline, and cigarette smoke which is used to produce some types of lubricants, rubbers, dyes, detergents, drugs, and pesticides.
According to Health Canada, the recall involves certain lots of Bed Head TIGI, Dove and Tresemmé Dry Shampoo products that are packaged in aerosol cans.
Benzene is classified as a human carcinogen and exposure to it can occur by oral inhalation. It can result in cancers including leukemia and blood cancer of the bone marrow and blood disorders which can be life-threatening through the skin.
Many of the following products are included in the recall:
- Bed Head Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo 6.2 oz/179g, 300mL
- Bed Head Mini Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo 2.1 oz/58g, 100mL
- Bed Head OH Bee Hive Dry Shampoo 5 oz/142g, 238mL
- Dove Care Between Washes Fresh Coconut Dry Shampoo, 142g
- Dove Care Between Washes Go Active Dry Shampoo, 142g
- Dove Care Between Washes Invigorating Dry Shampoo, 142g
- Dove Care Between Washes Invisible Dry Shampoo, 142g
- Dove Charcoal & Clarify Dry Shampoo, 142g
- Dove Refresh + Care Fresh & Floral Dry Shampoo, 142g
- Dove Refresh + Care Unscented Dry Shampoo, 142g
- Dove Refresh + Care Volume Dry Shampoo, 32g
- Dove Volume Dry Shampoo, 142g
- TRESemmé Fresh Clean Dry Shampoo, 206g
- TRESemmé Volume Clean Dry Shampoo, 121g
- TRESemmé Volume Clean, 206g
In case you haveone of these products, check out the lot number here, stop using the recalled product and throw it away. Follow the instructions for disposal on the packaging.
Click on UnileverRecall.com for more information about the affected products and receive reimbursement.
SUPPORT NIGERIAN CANADIAN NEWS
If you like our work and want to keep enjoying what we offer, kindly support us by donating to the Nigerian Canadian News through the button below
Share your thoughts in the comments section below
Do you want to share any news or information with us? If yes, contact the publisher at email@example.com