Gabriel appeared to her and said, “Greetings, favoured woman! The Lord is with you”29 Confused and disturbed, Mary tried to think what the angel could mean. 30 “Don’t be afraid, Mary,” the angel told her, “for you have found favor with God! 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus. 32 He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David. 33 And he will reign over Israel forever; his Kingdom will never end!” Lk 1:28-33
When the purpose is unknown abuse is inevitable. Many Christians delight in praying for favour, who does not like favour? Find out how God favoured the biblical characters and extrapolate it to your life so that you will not waste God’s favour!
1. God’s favour on Joseph was to enable him to preserve the world in time of trouble. You are favoured to use your uncommon skill to better the future of your generation and team. The right people in government are to prevent famine, poverty, and hunger.
2. God’s favour was on Mary to bring the Son of God to this world. Jesus grew up to become a deliverer of humanity from sin. Hannah was favoured to give birth to Samuel one of the formidable leaders and prophets in Israel. You are favoured to become a mother and nurture those children to become positive world changers and influencers spiritually and otherwise. Take care of those children, you have no idea how far they will go in life.
3. God’s favour on Esther was to help her save the entire Jews that were decreed to die by Harman and his cohorts. You are favoured to be in that palace, high position ( government house) not just to enjoy the perks of office but to save this generation that Satan is working hard to kill and send to hell fire. If you need to fast go ahead and fast, do the needful to save your family, church, people and community from physical, social, financial and spiritual death. Esther did not perish, you shall not perish in Jesus name!
4. God’s favour on Paul was to enable him to do three major things. Firstly, to do missionary work to reach the Gentiles Acts 9:15-16. Friends, there are still virgin lands that the gospel needs to reach. Secondly, to plant churches. Go ahead and be used by God to plant churches around the world to establish believers. Thirdly, he had access to heavenly revelations and he wrote them as scripture for others to understand how to be godly Christians. He wrote two-thirds of the New Testament. What are you doing with the revelations God has given you? Turn them into books! Plant churches. Go on missionary trips.
5. God’s favour was on Peter to lead the early church to see 3000 converts in a day and perform miracles. Acts 2. Joseph Ayo Babalola was favoured to lead the Oke-Oye,1930 crusades that saw many people saved, raised the dead and led the formation of Christ Apostolic Church. He liberated Nigeria and Africa from idolatry, cults, occultism and rituals. God is looking for people he will favour to subdue modern-day idols, perform miracles, and give credible leadership to the church. Are you available to pioneer great things for God? Dele Dada is available!
6. God favoured Moses. He chose him and trained him for 40 years to lead the Israelites out of the 430- years bondage in Egypt for 40 years in the wilderness. 40 is the number for a generation. God is in search of trainable, meek at heart, patient, and intercessors that He will favour to lead this generation from the stronghold of sin, hedonism, sexual perversion, corruption, atheism, agnosticism, humanism and the like.
7. David was favoured to be chosen among eight children to be king even though he was the last born of Jesse. He was favoured to be a warrior, to fight many wars starting with Goliath. He fought many wars to enable him to establish Jerusalem and modern Israel. He was also favoured to establish the earthly kingdom, a dynasty for Jesus Christ the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Psalm 110:1. Jesus was the offshoot of the throne of David! Hallelujah! May nobles, kings, presidents, prime ministers, and great ministers of the gospel come from your lineage as that of David and Jonathan Edwards.
8. Abraham was favoured to become the patriarch and progenitor of three major religions around the world, Judaism, Islam and Christianity.
9. John the beloved disciple, Mark, Dr Luke and Matthew were favoured to write the synoptic gospels.
10. Jacob was favoured and chosen above his elder brother Esau to establish the 12 tribes of Israel.
Conclusion: There is nothing wrong with asking God or man for favour, but remember you are favoured for a purpose. Favour is not just a consumer’s item or position. It is a dynamic way of God giving you the opportunity to serve or to preserve. Favour is for a purpose. May you use that favour you have received to serve your generation. Shalom
O taste and see that the Lord is good.(Psalm 34:8). I have tasted and found that the Lord is good. I do testify that the Lord is good.Join me to taste him.