“According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: “ 2 Peter 1:3.
All our needs in life are scripturally guaranteed in life based on one condition: having the KNOWLEDGE OF HIM- Jesus Christ.
Do you have the knowledge of Him or about Him? Have you encountered him? Do you have a personal relationship with him? Does he know that you know him? Beyond public a show in the church service, through public prayers, singing in the choir, giving tips grudgingly as tithe and offering, standing reluctantly as an usher, coming with your wish list as if He is your ATM, do you have an inner witness that Jesus is your personal Lord and Saviour?
If you die today, do you have the assurance of reigning with him in glory? Does your spirit bear witness you are His precious possession? Can Jesus depend on you?
When you know Jesus, you will be found of him. You will do His biding. You will proclaim him. You will move from the level of drinking sin as water, no more committing sin or arguing whether Christians can sin or not to the level of sainthood, where you are pulling people out of sin.
Over 90% of people in the corridors of Christianity don’t know Jesus or the purpose for which Christ was crucified, died and resurrected. Those who know Him are too preoccupied, busy, idle, nonchalant, or passive to do his bidding.
The Holy Spirt gave me this checklist to help you know if you have “the knowledge of him” according to the scripture above. If you don’t have the knowledge of Him, you can not partake and enjoy life and godliness. Whatever you think you have now is on the peripheral level.
1. Do exploits . Dan 11:32b. “but the people that do know their God shall be strong and do exploits.” What is exploit – make full use of and derive benefit from. Meaning making use of the knowledge of Christ to benefit humanity. How many people are benefiting from your knowledge of Christ? For many people, even their spouse and children do not benefit from their going to church, talk less of outsiders.
2. Cause exaltation: “But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.” Jer 9:24. Do you exalt ,glorify Jesus in your home, neighborhood, office , and marketplace? That is what those who have knowledge of Him do. If not, start today.
3. Love for the brethren: “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” John 13:35. Do you genuinely love the brethren, or are you pretending or exploiting brethren? Since you gave your life to Christ, how many have you followed up that they are standing in Christ? How many have you watered their lives through, giving of your talent, time, resources, and treasure? Start today.
4. Seek truth. “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” Jn 8:31-32. Those who know him are daily and constantly seekers of him. They search and research scripture. They continue to grow and never stop growing. They share their knowledge with groups. They share the truth of Christ with their generation.
5. Hear his voice. “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:” Jn 10:27. If you are not hearing his voice directly, except those filtered “through Moses” your pastors, GO, Bishops, prophets , trust me, you don’t know Him. Some even go and consult ritualists, voodooist, charmers, and babalawos, to know their future, who to marry, where to live, what business to do, and yet claim they know Jesus. They don’t, but it is not too late. Start today.
6. Obey Him. “For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome” 1 Jn 5:3. The evidence of knowing Jesus is not intellectual but in reality, obeying his commands. Do you do what he tells you to do? Go where he tells you to go? If not, start today.
7. Heavenly focus. “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.” Jn 17:3. Are you earthly relevant and heavenly focused? Are you committed to living godly, taking care of your family, doing genuine business, serving God, in fellowship, studying scriptures, and living it? Are you prayerful? Do you evangelize? Are you watchful so that you don’t fall and backslide? If not, start now.
Conclusion: The big question is, how do you know him? Watch out for that in our next posting, meanwhile meditate on this scripture: “Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.” Hosea 6:3