“The Lord says “I will rescue those who love me.I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;I will be with them in trouble.I will rescue and honor them.16 I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”
The lyrics of this song makes me feel happy as a child of God:
“Am satisfied with Jesus
Am satisfied with Him
My faith in Him will never fail
Am satisfied with Jesus. “ Authur Unknown.
Are you enjoying Jesus? Remember it was foretold about Jesus “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins,…..and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is God with us Matt 1: 21-23.
Jesus came to remove the barrier between you and God and promised to be with us so that we can enjoy God while on earth and forever in eternity. Are you satisfied with Jesus?
Some Psalms have become synonymous with what Emmanuel- God with us means. One is Psalm 23 and the other is Psalm 91. Many of us held on to them particularly in the past eighteen months when COVID-19 troubled our planet. The Bible records about 8000 promises with conditions attached and Psalm 91 lists seven of those promises that we can enjoy when we are in Jesus’ camp.
The condition for enjoying what God promised in Psalm 91 is spelt it in verse 1. “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”
Do this and enjoy the following:
1. He will deliver You.”For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease” Psalm 91:15c He delivered the nation of Israel from Egyptian bondage. Joseph from prison. The Three Hebrew boys from physical fire. Learn to enjoy the ability of God to deliver from any trouble. He will deliver you from any trouble you are facing right now in Jesus name.
2. When you call Him He will answer You. “He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: Psalm 91:15a I used to live in Warri. I noticed some people will finish drinking Coca Cola, fill the bottle with some things, tie palm fronds on it and call upon it as their God! Psalm 115:4-8 describes such as godless gods. On the other hand is God Almighty, El Shaddai , God that answers 24/7. I know that you are enjoying calling on him and he is answering- just continue. Paul and Silas did it at midnight, you too can do it even at the midnight of your life, He will answer you!
3. He will be with you in time of trouble and adversities. “I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.” Psalm 91:15b. The Yorubas will say Owo epo lomo araiye nbani la, kii ‘s’owo eje. Meaning People generally stay with you when things are going well, when trouble comes they are gone. Jesus is the real friend in times of trouble. Ask Daniel in the Lions den, how he survived the night! Jesus did not promise anyone a challenge free life, but promised to stay with you and ultimately deliver you . Are you in the hospital now, is your marriage wobbling, do you feel like you can’t take life’s punches any more? Learn to enjoy his comfort in times of trouble.
4. God has a way of promoting His own people! “I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.” Psalm 91:14b Do you know the name of Jesus. Do you celebrate the name of Jesus? Do you honour the name of Jesus? Do you obey the name of Jesus ? To know the name of Jesus is not just spelling J- E-S-U-S. it is not just singing in the choir. To know the name of Jesus is to accept him as saviour, Lord and follow Him. He said to Peter – “Follow me and I will make you a fisher of men. “ Mk 1:17. Peter obeyed and his life was radically changed. He got an upgrade in life. He promoted him from a Peasant fisher man to the leader of a global enterprise. The leader of the disciples of Jesus. I followed him he upgraded me from NFA and taxi driver status- to a PhD holder. From a carpenter’s son to an international preacher, teacher, televangelist, author and global pastor. If you have not started enjoying God sign up now at Eph 2:8-10!
5. He will honour you. “I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.” Psalm 91:15. The story was told about a missionary to Africa who arrived back in the US on the same ship with the President. He envied the way the President was honoured on arrival but not for him. When he complained to God, he was told he had not arrived home yet! There is no honour on earth to be compared with the honour of “Welcome, thou faithful servant “ I know a former sports person, who later became a politician. At the peak of the two careers he had over a thousand awards! Yet he died a miserable death as a drunk. Enjoy the honour of being God’s child!
6. Enjoy His protection. “A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.” Psalm 91:7. Share your testimony how God protected you during your life time and during the Covid-19 especially. Pray for it. Apply the precious blood of Jesus over you. I guess that you are reading this today is the benefit of God’s protection from car accident, child bearing, armed robbers, kidnappers. etc, etc. The beauty of it is that the blood from Calvary is still flowing and has not lost the ability to protect. You are covered and highly insured in the BLOOD of Jesus.
7. Give you salvation and long life. “With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation” Psalm 91:16. This verse is talking about a long life here on earth. One of the ways to prolong your life on earth is what Paul said. “Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.” Eph 6:2-3. Talking about salvation, your redemption in Christ is twofold. Jesus died on the cross of Calvary not only for your sins but also to free you from sicknesses and diseases.
Conclusion: God sent his son to the earth to die for you so that the relationship that Satan destroyed, that made Adam and Eve not to enjoy God could be repaired. Jesus has done his part. Accept what he did for you,make him your Saviour, Lord and friend and begin to experience enjoyment galore of God’s blessing. I am enjoying God what about you? If not start right now! Shalom
O taste and see that the Lord is good.(Psalm 34:8). I have tasted and found that the Lord is good. I do testify that the Lord is good.Join me to taste him.