Judas had bought a field with the money he received for his treachery. Falling headfirst there, his body split open, spilling out all his intestines. 19 The news of his death spread to all the people of Jerusalem, and they gave the place the Aramaic name Akeldama, which means “Field of Blood.” Acts 1:18-19
Jesus came to this world to reconcile humanity with divinity through the painful process of false accusation, crucifixion, death, burial and resurrection. Humanity had lost peace, joy, serenity that characterized the Garden of Eden which God in his wisdom created and put Adam in with two simple instructions: “till and keep the land and don’t for any reason eat the fruit of the knowledge of evil, for when you do, you shall die.” Adam kept the first instruction, disobeyed the second one and turned paradise on earth to Akeldama.
Adam and Eve were driven out. As soon as they got out they had two children. “Now Adam had sexual relations with his wife, Eve, and she became pregnant. When she gave birth to Cain, she said, “With the Lord’s help, I have produced a man!” 2 Later she gave birth to his brother and named him Abel.” Gen 4:1-2. Abel prospered in flocks and Cain prospered in hunting. God instructed them to bring a sacrifice. Abel obeyed God, Cain refused by offering inappropriate sacrifice. God accepted Abel’s and rejected Cain’s. Cain killed Abel and turned the earth to Akeldama.
Killings and shedding of innocent blood continued unabated on earth, so God did something about it, he decided to make part of himself human so, He incarnated the second part of the Trinity, The Son of God, The Word became Jesus Christ. According to Paul- He went about doing good until the religious fathers, connived with the Roman leaders, aided by Judas betrayed him with a kiss and killed him. Judas took 30 shekels to betray Jesus. He could not live to enjoy it, he committed suicide! The leaders used the 30shekels to buy Akeldama- The field of blood.
Nigeria has become Akeldama by the Judases of our generation. Whether from bloggers, print or online media, video clips on social media all you hear,watch and read is bloodshed. Fulani herdsmen,bandits,kidnappers, insurgents, terrorist, are shedding Nigerian blood as if using water to wash plates in the kitchen. The money needed to develop Nigeria is constantly and continuously used to buy the field of blood ! The question is for how long? How long are we going to continue to shed the blood of innocent Nigerians? How long are we going to make Nigeria – The field of Blood? I could help you to identify whether or not you’re like Judas betraying our nation coupled with the leaders using our money to buy the field of blood, and hopefully, seriously plead with you to stop it.
1. Boko Haram, Bandits, Kidnappers, and Insurgents. These are complex blood thirsty organizations that for years have killed and maimed Nigerians. However they are not just the people shooting, raiding settlements and farms, kidnapping, demolishing schools, correctional facilities, police stations, barracks, the Judases are the people aiding and abetting them. All the people sponsoring, buying and supplying arms, giving information, driving vehicles to kidnap innocent students are the Judases of Nigeria. Stop making Nigeria Akeldama!
2. Fulani Herdsmen. Rearing cattle was a simple agrarian occupation in Nigeria, herdsmen carried sticks or staff to guide their flock. Recently things have changed, backed by powers that be in positions of authority, with the backing of the umbrella organization Miyetti Allah that allegedly sponsors and arms them with AK-47 and other arms, these anarchists and killers have turned Nigeria to a field of blood. Stop making Nigeria Akeldama!
3. Law Enforcement Agents and the Judiciary. The army personnel that was given money to procure equipment to fight Boko Haram, bandits, insurgents etc. but embezzled it are Judases buying Akeldamas. What led to the EndSars protest? The Judases within the Army and Police Forces. The Naval officers who make our waterways porous. Immigration and Custom officers who make the borders porous are the Judases buying Akeldama for Nigeria. The judicial officers, judges, registrars in the court system who aid and pervert justice, you are the Judases. Stop making Nigeria Akeldama!
4. Legislators. You take jumbo pays and legislate evil. You manipulate all committees, take bribes to pass yearly budgets, consume all your constituency allocations on your friends and families while several innocent people die in your constituents, you skew bills and laws to favour one particular region and wonder why they are flexing their muscles on the nation. You are the Judases buying blood fields for Nigeria. Stop making Nigeria Akeldama!
5. Politicians. You campaign with juicy promises and fail to fulfill those promises when you get power, you have betrayed the nation, turned Nigeria to a field of blood. Mr President, Governors, Chairmen of LGA and your cabinet members,commissioners, councillors you make unjust appointments and deprive the sons and daughters of the masses good employment, education, healthcare, power supply, good transportation system, good security and you allow them to be kidnapped, raped slaughtered in the streets and their parents are killed for nothing daily, remember you are the Judases of Nigeria. You squander the resources of the nation on medical trips abroad, buy luxurious houses abroad at the expense of our collective development. You promised to fight corruption but aided it, thereby buying fields of blood for our nation. Stop making Nigeria Akeldama!
6. Secessionists. Stop the drum of war. We have fought wars that caused the blood of over two million Nigerians to flow. Most wars end in dialogues after wasting much blood. We can manage Nigeria without breaking Nigeria to pieces. Those who are ruling Nigeria and pretending to be born to rule are the Judases provoking secessionist agenda, those who are aiding them because they are eating crumbs from their tables are buying blood fields. Those who failed to restructure Nigeria are buying blood fields. Let the South and the Middle belt unite and offer strategies to make Nigeria great and stop playing second hand citizens in their land by forming clusters of secessionists. Breaking Nigeria amounts to buying a field of blood for this generation and generations to come. Stop making Nigeria Akeldama!
7. The Religious Leaders. Whether Christian, Muslim or any other cooperating with politicians, civil servants and the rich in the day or night, individually or as corporate bodies, from the pulpit or other exalted places to mismanage Nigeria, you are the Judases of Nigeria buying fields of blood. Stop making Nigeria Akeldama!
8. You and I. I don’t know you and the office you occupy, you know and God knows. We are all at one stage of temptation or the other in life. We all have one excuse or the other to do evil. We all point accusing fingers to others as the betrayers whereas we are the betrayers buying fields of blood. The story was told of a man who taught his wife was deaf. He approached his doctor to find out how to confirm. The doctor said – go away from her about 60 feet call her if she doesn’t answer move closer. He did. From 60 feet to 40, 20, 10, 5; and when she was by her ears, he heard the wife, saying- I have replied you this five times you have called me! When you betray Nigeria in any capacity of trust you have bought an evil field, the field of blood. When you hide that file in that office, taking that bribe, you are buying the field of blood for yourself, your family, and generations to come. When you inflate that contract, award a contract to the one that bribed you, when you turn a blind eye to the truth, when you know how to do good and you refuse, when you keep silent when you should speak, when you set fire to that office to cover your corrupt tracts, when you rape that person, when you mastermind evil in the corporate boardroom or in that your palace as a king or village head, when you demand sex to pass that student, you are buying a field of blood. When you betray even your children, spouse, pastor, church members, village, profession, peasants, remember you are buying something. That brother or sister that did you some favour does not deserve to be betrayed.
Conclusion. Before you take the next action after reading this article, ask yourself what field are my paying for with this action? No betrayer enjoys the proceeds of betrayal. They will always end up committing suicide like Judas. In other words they reap the harvest of betrayal and evil they have sown. What the Spirit is saying is Stop making Nigeria Akeldama!
O taste and see that the Lord is good.(Psalm 34:8). I have tasted and found that the Lord is good. I do testify that the Lord is good.Join me to taste him.