(NC) An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and this is especially true when it comes to the major investment we make in our vehicles.
“Winter is harsh on automobiles with deepfreeze temperatures, slippery conditions, plus stop-and-go gear changing,” says Colin Dilley at Prestone, a leading name in engine protection products.
Here, Dilley gives us a few quick and easy winter maintenance tips:
- Top up windshield fluids with a winter specific formula and replace blades if brittle.
- Check tire pressure regularly and top up the air as recommended.
- Check the treads on your tires and for the best vehicle control, replace them no later than 5/32″ of remaining tread depth.
- Top up the antifreeze/coolant with a formula guaranteed to protect against corrosion. Corrosion can cause engines to quickly overheat, even in the winter. With the rigours of winter conditions, be sure to top up or do a complete flush and fill with an antifreeze/coolant that contains a proven corrosion inhibitor.
- A key feature in Prestone antifreeze/coolant is the corrosion inhibitor package that’s guaranteed to work in all domestic, Asian, and European autos. It ensures compatibility with the antifreeze/coolant requirements in any car.