Being a remarkable employee denotes and connotes that you are dependable, proactive, diligent, good leader and good follower. It means that you possess a wide range of easily-defined, but hard to find, qualities. It means that you have the extra oil that stand you out from others. It means that you position yourself in a way that your presence is visible to the blind and your absence in audible to the deaf.
Here, we will attempt to x-ray some qualities of remarkable employees that stand them out from others.
1. They embrace and drive change. Research have shown that unusual personalities shake things up, make work more fun, and transform a plain-vanilla group into a team with flair and flavor. People who aren’t afraid to be different naturally stretch boundaries and challenge the status quo, and they often come up with the best ideas. They are people who believe in ‘I can do it spirit’ instead of seeing obstacles. They will always look for a way to get the job done.
2. Remarkable employees are good problem solvers and examine problems in multiple ways. They are proactive rather than reactive. Their anticipation of issues keeps them thinking ahead on potential problems and they often have alternative options before problems arise. Most of them realize that problem understanding is much more valuable than alternative solutions. They believe that there is a solution to every challenge and will always explore all options to get the job done.
3. They are personable and care about people. They recognize the contributions of others, especially in group settings where the impact of their words is even greater. They always demonstrate their interest in others and their team. They would rather encourage others with their words other than tear them down.
4. Remarkable employees don’t focus on job descriptions and love taking initiative. They are always on their feet, adapt quickly to shifting priorities and do whatever it takes, regardless of role or position, to get things done. When a key customer’s project is in jeopardy, remarkable employees know without being told there’s a problem and jump in without being asked — even if it’s not their job.
5. Remarkable employees know when to play and when to be serious; when to be irreverent and when to conform; and when to challenge and when to back off. It’s a tough balance to strike, but a rare few can walk that fine line with ease.
6. Another great quality of remarkable employees is that they are humble, yet very passionate about what they love. They wear their passion 24/7. They can as easily follow as to lead and in all situations pay attention to be strong team players.
7. Remarkable employees ask quality questions and speak when others won’t. Over the years, we have seen that most employees are hesitant to speak up in meetings. Some are even hesitant to speak up privately. However, remarkable employees have an innate feel for the issues and concerns of those around them, and step up to ask questions or raise important issues when others hesitate. For them, the goal is to get things right and the company move forward.
8. Remarkable employees are not afraid to fail. The last thing they worry about is making mistakes or failing in a task. They understand risks and realize progress depends on going a little beyond, even when they realize they won’t be right all the time. Little wonder, Vince Lombardi said “The price of success is hardwork, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand”.
9. Remarkable employees always demonstrate the creative spirit and drive. Creativity is not necessarily doing or creating new things but doing old things in new ways. Remarkable employees always find ways to make things better.
10. Remarkable employees are principled. They don’t compromise their principles or company’s policies. They believe in doing the right thing. So, when they say YES, it is a YES and when they say NO, it is a NO.
Are you a remarkable employee? What extra oil do you have to distinguish you from others? You can become one today, practice the principles discussed in this piece. Please note that the list is unlimited.
SUPPORT NIGERIAN CANADIAN NEWS
If you like our work and want to keep enjoying what we offer, kindly support us by donating to the Nigerian Canadian News through the button below
Share your thoughts in the comments section below
Do you want to share any news or information with us? If yes, contact the publisher at email@example.com