Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it. Prov 22:26 NLT
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Prov 22:26KJV
1. Don’t teach your children fear. Teach them faith.
2. Don’t teach your children to run away from challenges. Teach them how to overcome challenges.
3. Don’t teach your children only academic education. Give them spiritual, moral, and character education.
4. Don’t teach your children to acquire only valuables. Teach them how to acquire values and significance.
5. Don’t teach your children to get rich quick, especially through corruption.Teach them how to say no to corruption, live a life of contentment, integrity, probity, holiness and righteousness.
6. Don’t teach your children the path of sin, it will lead to hell eventually! Teach them the path of salvation through Jesus Christ- it will lead to peace and joy on earth and eternity with Jesus .
7. Don’t teach your children to lie to escape discomfort or punishment. Teach them to tell the truth and face the music with dignity.
8. Don’t give your children the impression that life is easy by rushing or borrowing to provide them all they ask. Teach them to know life is costly.
9. Don’t teach your children laziness. Teach diligence, hard work and how to work smart.
10. Don’t teach your children to be proud, arrogant and disrespectful to constituted authority, elders or even their colleagues and subordinates. Teach them simplicity, humility and respect.
11. Don’t teach your children by mere words or talk. Teach them by showing them living examples- your life.They will learn better.
12. Don’t teach your children to ignore people who are in need when they have the means to help. Teach them how to love and care for their neighbours.
13. Teach your children godly principles from the womb because by the age of five their character is formed.
14. Don’t take your children for extra- curricula activities when you have not first taken them to children Sunday School. “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matt 6:33
15. Don’t force your children to study a particular course in college for any reason. Let them study what they have potentials, talents and gifts for. Recognize their generation is different and life is not just about making money, it is about fulfilling purpose. Every child is unique with a specific assignment. Moreover, God has made provision for all they need and what they will be in life before they were born.
16. Teach your children to depend on God to solve life’s continuous challenges by teaching them how to pray, study the word of God and fellowship with God and His people.
17. Teach your children to be teachable, correct them based on the truth of the scriptures. It is never too late to do the right thing.
18. Teach your children not to give room to inferiority complex due to their colour, sex, age or status irrespective of where they choose to live on earth. “Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.” 1 Tim 4:12. Teach them to be creative, innovative, dream big, aspire and conquer the world.They have what it takes!
19. Teach your children to be mindful of the company they keep all the days of their life for it will mar them or make them.
20. Teach your children not to be intimidated by failure, rather use failure as a stepping stone to success. Failure is usually not final.
21. Teach your children to deliberately serve God by serving humanity. Teach them to invest in the kingdom of God by their cheerful and generous giving to the kingdom of God. . “What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?” Matt 16:26. At the end of life only what you invest in God we count.
22. Teach your children to run away from sin. Sin is: “Success In Nothing” Sin is a destroyer. Sin is “Satan Identification Number” Sin is a blocker. “For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.” Rom 6:14
23. Teach your children not to develop a consumer mentality but a producer mentality. Teach them to determine to leave this world a better place than they met it.
24. Teach your children that “the opportunity of a life time must be used within the life time of the opportunity” meaning: make use of every opportunity!
25. Teach your children to be earthly relevant and heavenly focused. Teach your children to find their purpose in life and pay every necessary price to fulfil it. The greatest purpose in life is to believe in Jesus, win souls for Jesus and reign in eternity with Jesus.
O taste and see that the Lord is good.(Psalm 34:8). I have tasted and found that the Lord is good. I do testify that the Lord is good.Join me to taste him.