By Pastor Taiwo Odubiyi
Godly wisdom! Hmm. What can we do without it?
As I’ve said before, people need to ask God for wisdom before they ask for money, marriage, fame, talents, or anything else. As you read this, please take a moment to pray for wisdom. It is what you need concerning the situation you’re in. It is what will put you over.
Pray, “Dear Lord, give me wisdom to handle affairs of life well.” Amen.
Those who possess wisdom are spared from hurtful relationships, mistakes and painful experiences because the spirit of God directs them. If you’ve been having bad relationships and getting into trouble, wisdom is what you need. It will bring God’s power into your situation as I pointed out in my novel ‘IS IT ME YOU’RE LOOKING FOR?’
In the novel, men deceived, used, and dumped Jite. Angry, she called the men names and abused them.
In bed, as she replayed the outing in her mind, she abused Wale, calling
him names. She still found it difficult to believe he had lied and deceived her. Wale was married with two children? Not once did it cross her mind that he
could be married. What did he take her for? The more she thought about it, the
angrier she became. How terrible could people be?
She later realised that something was wrong and it didn’t have much to do with the men. She must be missing it somewhere and she needed help. Turning to God, she cried for help, went for counselling, and God answered her prayer, giving her a wonderful man to marry.
The best was God’s plan for her all along but she did not realise it on time.
Tonye was the man her soul had been looking for. She was grateful to God that she did not miss him.
Relationships collapse and marriages fail because godly wisdom is lacking. God’s people perish for lack of knowledge. (Hosea 4:6)
Ask God for wisdom, it will deliver you and make your life and relationship better.
People who have wisdom stand strong where many people are falling. They
don’t make wrong decisions.
Let’s see what the Bible says about the importance and benefits of wisdom.
“Listen and treasure these instructions. Tune your ears to wisdom and
concentrate on understanding. Search for it as you would for lost money or
hidden treasure. Wisdom will make you know what is right, and you will know how to find the right course of action every time. (Proverbs 2:1,2,4,9)
This Scripture is awesome!
And in 1Kings 3, when God appeared to Solomon and asked, “What do you want? Ask, and I will give it to you.” Solomon said, “Give me an understanding heart … so that I can know the difference between right and wrong.”
Solomon could have asked for something else such as long life, protection, and
riches. He had just been crowned king and there were several things he could
have asked for and God would have given it to him. But he asked for wisdom because he knew it was a necessity. He realised that if he didn’t have wisdom, he didn’t have anything. It was the key to success, and the Bible reveals that God was very pleased with his reply, glad that he had asked for wisdom.
So God replied, “Because you have asked for wisdom … and have not asked
for a long life or wealth for yourself or the death of your enemies – I will give you what you asked for. I will give you a wise and understanding heart such as no one else has had or ever will have! And I will also give you what you did not ask for – riches and fame!”
We must yearn for the wisdom of God like Solomon did. Never let go of God until He imparts you with wisdom. Wisdom is a shield, it will guide and preserve you, you will not stumble. It will bring you honour and grace, according to Proverbs 4.
5. Get wisdom; develop good judgment. Don’t forget my words or turn away from them.
6. Don’t turn your back on wisdom, for she will protect you. Love her, and she will guard you.
7. Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do! And whatever else you do, develop good judgment.
8. If you prize wisdom, she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will honor you.
9. She will place a lovely wreath on your head; she will present you with a beautiful crown.”
10. My child, listen to me and do as I say, and you will have a long, good life.
11. I will teach you wisdom’s ways and lead you in straight paths.
12. When you walk, you won’t be held back; when you run, you won’t stumble.
13. Take hold of my instructions; don’t let them go. Guard them, for they are the key to life.
Wisdom for your marriage – 5 tips
1) Give your life to Christ and follow His instructions in the Bible. This is because without God we can do nothing. You can’t make it without Him.
2) Be willing and ready to forgive.
3) Don’t keep records of wrongs or offenses.
4) Be committed to your spouse.
5) Spend time together.
For men and women in business – don’t invest more than you are willing to lose. This is wisdom. When you have wisdom, you are able to sleep and your sleep will be sweet. Nothing will shake or move you.
Again, take a moment now to pray for wisdom for every area of your life.