(NC) As the temperatures drop, we all spend more time inside. The transition from backyard barbecues to indoor dinner parties has begun. Follow these simple steps to host a successful dinner party guests will be talking about later
- Create your very own centrepiece for the table. Use autumn or winter-themed pieces like pumpkins, gourds, twigs, dried leaves and tree ornaments in transparent vases to add décor detail to the party. These can be reused and you’ll be sure to get compliments.
- Try to make everything as far in advance as possible. The moments before the doorbell rings are precious and you could spend your time doing one last tidy.
- Light some candles. The atmosphere can make or break a dinner party, but the right ambiance doesn’t have to be extravagant. Candles are inexpensive and readily available. If you’re not into real candles, there are many artificial versions available.
- Be comfortable. Put on some DH3 Mia mid-rise four-way stretch skinny jeans from Mark’s and have the ability to reach the highest shelf or wipe up a spill.
- Create a stress-free kitchen. Make sure the dishwasher is completely empty and the trash has been taken out before the party begins. That way you can load the dishwasher as you go and don’t have to worry about a full trash can and extra garbage accumulating.