Packed with protein and fiber, this summery salad from Ontario Bean Growers makes a great lunch option or side dish for your next barbecue.
Bean and Fennel Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked white pea beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) fennel (anise), diced (feathery bits removed)
- 1 cup (250 mL) snow peas, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dried cranberries
Raspberry Orange Dressing:
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) raspberry vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) orange juice concentrate
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a large bowl, combine white pea beans, fennel, snow peas, red pepper, apricots and cranberries; set aside.
- Combine vinegar, orange juice concentrate, honey, oil and garlic; mix well.
- Pour dressing over white pea beans and vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Nutritional information for one serving: calories 240 kcal; protein 10 g; fat 3 g; carbohydrates 45 g; total dietary fiber 9 g.
Find more recipes online at ontariobeans.on.ca